NEW YORK, Oct 11, 2011 (BUSINESS WIRE) –
Rockstar Games, a publishing label of Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. (NASDAQ: TTWO), is proud to announce that the Red Dead Redemption: Game of the Year Edition is now available in North America for the PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system and Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft.
“Red Dead Redemption allowed us to create a completely fresh and compelling take on the American West,” said Sam Houser, Founder of Rockstar Games. “We are excited for players to experience this vision in the definitive edition of the game.”
In celebration of more than 160 Game of the Year honors, this comprehensive package includes:
- Original Red Dead Redemption game with a brand-new hardcore single-player mode;
- Undead Nightmare single-player campaign and multiplayer* modes;
- Legends and Killers Pack*, featuring additional multiplayer map locations, multiplayer characters, and the Tomahawk projectile weapon;
- Liars and Cheats Pack*, including the Stronghold multiplayer competitive mode, Free Roam gambling games, multiplayer horse races with combat, and the Explosive Rifle;
- Hunting and Trading Outfits Pack, featuring two outfits with corresponding gameplay challenges for John Marston;
- Outlaws To The End Co-Op Mission Pack*, including six co-op missions for up to four players;
- All original pre-order content, including the Deadly Assassin Outfit, War Horse, and Golden Guns Weapon Pack;
- Solomon’s Folly single-player gang hideout and challenges available for the first time on Xbox 360;
- Myths and Mavericks Bonus Pack, featuring fan-favorite multiplayer characters and all-new locations to battle in.
Red Dead Redemption transports players to Rockstar’s vision of the American West at the turn of the 20thcentury. It follows the tale of reformed outlaw John Marston as he strives to protect his family and bring the members of his former gang to justice. Alongside the rich, immersive single-player experience, Red Dead Redemption‘s multiplayer offers a world of dynamic challenges and competitive games suited for a player of any skill level.
Undead Nightmare expands the single-player narrative as John Marston attempts to eradicate a mysterious zombie outbreak and discover a cure. The single-player experience features new challenges, quests, and ambient events, including Missing Persons, where the player must find a missing survivor lost amongst the throngs of undead. New multiplayer content includes Undead Overrun, a multiplayer survival mode where waves of infected attack and players must work together to stay alive against increasingly difficult odds.
Red Dead Redemption: Game of the Year Edition is rated M for Mature by the ESRB and is available now in North America for $49.99.
For more news and information, visit the official Red Dead Redemption website (www.rockstargames.com/reddeadredemption); become a friend of Rockstar Games on Facebook (www.facebook.com/rockstargames); or follow Rockstar Games on Twitter (twitter.com/rockstargames).
*Requires Xbox LIVE Gold Membership for online play.
About Take-Two Interactive Software