San Francisco – July 18, 2013 – Raptr, the leading community for gamers, has integrated Twitch live broadcasting features into the Raptr Desktop App. Starting today, Raptr users can quickly and easily broadcast their gaming experiences directly to Twitch without the need for any additional software. The feature is now available through the Raptr Desktop App for PC at http://raptr.com/download.
“A goal of Twitch is to be wherever gamers are, whether it’s on laptops and handheld devices or integrated into gaming consoles and software,” said Emmett Shear, Twitch CEO. “By bringing live streaming functionality at the touch of a button to the Raptr Desktop App, it’s one more step in achieving this ubiquity for our brand while attracting a new batch of broadcasters from Raptr’s passionate community.”
Raptr’s innovative Desktop App serves as an in-game gateway to the web, allowing players to have a seamless experience simultaneously playing games and accessing web content and Raptr-exclusive tools. Using the Twitch widget in the Raptr Desktop App, Raptr users can broadcast live streams of hundreds of games to the Twitch community, including integrated chat functionality, and share them via Facebook, Twitter and the Raptr community.
“Twitch is the biggest destination for live gaming entertainment, so our partnership collectively brings together more than 50 million gamers to share and discuss the games they love,” said Dennis Fong, Raptr CEO and co-founder. “We’re always discovering new and unique ways to connect players, and this is the perfect opportunity for gamers to showcase their gamer rep.”
To start livestreaming on Raptr, please visit http://raptr.com/download.
MOUNTAIN VIEW, Calif. – Dec. 13, 2012 – Raptr, the leading community for gamers, unveiled the results of the second annual Most Played Games Awards. The awards reveal exactly how gamers are spending their time with the biggest releases of 2012 based on gamer behavior and activities, including average individual playtime, average session length, and total playtime share.
The recipients of Raptr’s Most Played Awards of 2012 are as follows:
· Most Played New Game – Borderlands 2 (Gearbox/2K Games)
· Most Played Game (Released Anytime) – Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 (Treyarch/Activision)
· Biggest Boost from User-Generated Content – Portal 2 (Valve)
· Most Played Long-Awaited Sequel – Borderlands 2 (Gearbox/2K Games)
· No Bathroom Break – Borderlands 2 (Gearbox/2K Games)
· Most Played XBLA Game – Minecraft (4J Studios/Mojang)
· Most Played New IP – Dragon’s Dogma (Capcom)
· Most Successful Paid to Free-to-Play Game – Star Wars: The Old Republic (BioWare/EA)
Highlights from the report include:
· In 2012, gamers spent the most time with Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3, beating out League of Legends, The Elder Scrolls: Skyrim, and World of Warcraft, all games that were released before the calendar year and have managed to sustain high levels of community engagement.
· Borderlands 2 saw 200% more total playtime than its closest competitor, Diablo III, in its first month of release.
· Portal 2 saw a 446% increase in daily playtime after releasing mod tools that allowed users to create their own levels.
· Star Wars: The Old Republic experienced a 136% increase in total playtime per day after switching from a subscription business model to free-to-play.
· Dragon’s Dogma won the category for most played new IP, edging out Dishonored and TERA.
“This year’s results point out notable gameplay trends, particularly how gamers are spending time playing their favorite games,” said Dennis Fong, CEO of Raptr. “We’re seeing more time invested in games that constantly introduce new content and other community engagement activities, from console titles like Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 and Portal 2 to MOBAs like League of Legends.”
You have not joined Raptr you should ! Here is just a taste of what you can get for free !
Gamers Eligible to Redeem Beta Key of Highly Anticipated Expansionon July 5, 2012
World of Warcraft players who have been waiting to get their hands on the limited Mists of Pandaria beta now have the opportunity to get in on the action through Raptr Rewards.
Raptr will give away 5,000 beta keys for World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandaria to Raptr users as a new reward. The World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandaria reward is one of many available to gamers just for playing their favorite titles.
In Mists of Pandaria, players will be able to explore an all-new continent while reaching new heights of power on their way to an increased level cap of 90. In addition, adventurers can choose whether to side with the Horde or the Alliance as World of Warcraft’s first neutral race – the pandaren – and master the ways of Pandaria’s ancient martial arts as the all-new monk class.
Gamers can begin redeeming the World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandaria reward on July 5, 2012 on Raptr.com, but are highly encouraged to join today as all rewards will be offered on a rolling first come, first served basis.
Gamers can learn about and view available Raptr Rewards at http://raptr.com/rewards.
Eligibility to redeem rewards will be based on games played and ranks earned on Raptr; ranks are determined by time played and achievements unlocked. The World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandaria reward is available in all regions with the exception of China and Korea. All rewards will be offered on a rolling first come, first served basis. More details about the reward and who is eligible to earn it will be available on July 5, 2012.
Gamers are encouraged to join Raptr to take advantage of this beta key offer, along with numerous other current and future rewards via Raptr Rewards. More than 350,000 rewards have already been granted; rewards include free videogames, downloadable content, beta codes, and major discounts.
Gamers Also Eligible to Redeem Thousands of Rift-Related Rewards
Raptr and Trion Worlds will give away 10,000 copies of Rift™, 10,000 free upgrades to the Collector’s Edition and 10,000 Dwarven Smithy Goggles (in-game item) to Raptr users as part of the recently unveiled Raptr Rewards program. These Rift rewards are several of many offerings available to gamers, just for playing their favorite games.
Trion Worlds’ massively multiplayer online role-playing game (MMORPG) Rift takes players on an epic adventure in the world of Telara, where eight primal forces are battling for control in an ever-changing landscape. The dynamic fantasy MMORPG Rift has been the recipient of multiple awards, including “Best MMO” from leading online media outlets IGN.com, Beckett and MMORPG.com, as well as “Best New Online Game” and “Best Online Technology” from the Game Developer’s Choice Online Awards.
The Rift reward includes the following:
· 10,000 Free copies of Rift + one free month of subscription
· To qualify, players must be ranked “Experienced” or above in top RPGs
o Players that rank up to “Amateur” in Rift will qualify to receive Dwarven Smithy Goggles, a bonus in-game item
o Players that rank up to “Experienced” in Rift will qualify for a free upgrade to Collector’s Edition
Gamers can begin redeeming Rift rewards on May 31, 2012, on Raptr.com, and are highly encouraged to join today as all rewards will be offered on a rolling first come, first served basis.
Gamers can learn more about Raptr Rewards at http://raptr.com/rewards.
Eligibility to redeem rewards will be based on games played and ranks earned on Raptr; ranks are determined by time played and achievements unlocked. All three rewards will be available for users in the United States, Canada, United Kingdom, France, and Germany.
Gamers are encouraged to join Raptr to take advantage of this free game offer, along with numerous other current and future rewards via Raptr Rewards. More than 350,000 rewards will be offered just in the month of May, which include free videogames, downloadable content, beta codes, and major discounts.
Gamers Can Earn Free Games, In-Game Content, Early Beta Access, Discounts and More Just For Playing Their Favorite Games
Mountain View, Calif. – May 7, 2012 – Raptr, the leading community for gamers with more than 12 million users, has launched Raptr Rewards, a program to reward active gamers with real rewards just for playing their favorite games. Raptr Rewards is on track to offer over 350,000 free rewards totaling $1.3 million in value just in the first month of launch.
Gamers can earn truly valuable rewards such as free videogames, downloadable content, beta codes, major discounts and more, just for playing their favorite games on console and PC and ranking up on Raptr; ranks are determined by time played and achievements unlocked. Rewards are offered on a rolling, first-come, first-served basis.
Raptr Rewards is now live in beta and is on track to offer the following rewards by the end of May:
· Exclusive in-game items for Blacklight: Retribution
· Major discounts on Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3-branded Logitech G-Series peripherals
· Early access codes for Di a blo III
· Major discounts for Gunnar gaming eyewear
· Beta access for Ghost Recon: Future Soldier
· Consoles, rare collectibles, and in-game items for Mass Effect 3
· Microsoft Gold package, featuring a free one month Gold subscription, plus Xbox LIVE Arcade games
· Free copies of Minecraft: Xbox 360 Edition
· Free copies of RIFT, as well as upgrade to Collector’s Edition
· Exclusive in-game items and currency for Shin Megami Tensei Imagine, Pandora Saga
“We see Raptr Rewards as a natural evolution of what Raptr can do for gamers,” Dennis Fong, Raptr’s CEO, explained. “Raptr’s reputation system already ranks players based on their skills and activity in their games. We’re now taking the next step in rewarding players for the time and effort they’ve invested in these games. The good news is this is just the beginning!”
Details of how to earn rewards can be found at http://raptr.com/rewards.
Raptr Profiles Now Reflect a Complete Picture of a User’s Gaming Persona
Mountain View, Calif. – Feb. 29, 2012 – Raptr, the leading gamer social network with 12 million users, has launched a new gaming rep system to measure and reflect a user’s skills and experience in the games they play. Users earn ranks by playing games, which will unlock exclusive site features as well as real rewards from retail and game partners. With the launch of the new reputation system, Raptr profiles now reflect a complete picture of a user’s gaming persona, interests, expertise, and achievements. The new features are now live at http://raptr.com.
“Earning ranks gains more than simple bragging rights,” said Dennis Fong, CEO of Raptr. “Our goal is to leverage a user’s gaming persona to make their experience better, via giving them an outlet to show off their accomplishments, discover more relevant content, or earn rewards simply for playing games.”
The new gaming rep system allows users to earn ranks, starting as a “Newbie” and advancing all the way to “Elite” if they are in the top percentile in time played, achievements unlocked and more. Raptr also uses a gamer’s rep to deliver more relevant content to the user based on their rank, progress and recency of activity in a game. For instance, a gamer who is ranked a “Newbie” in a game is likely to see such content as strategy guides and FAQs, while an “Elite” may see the best community-curated Machinima videos. Future Raptr features will also leverage a user’s gaming rep in a similar fashion.
Raptr’s new gaming rep system introduces these features:
• New, dynamic user profiles, interactive charts, and genre maps
• A percentile-based ranking system that tracks a user’s hours and achievements and compares them with the rest of the community. The ranks are as follows: Newbie –> Amateur –> Experienced –> Dedicated –> Hardcore –> Elite
• Social leaderboards to see how a user stacks up against friends
• Highly targeted and personalized news feed that delivers relevant content based on a user’s game collection, rank, most recent activity, and progress in a game
• Real rewards as users rank up in the games they play
More details about the Raptr Rewards Program will be announced in the coming months.
To learn more about Raptr, please visit http://raptr.com.