I will be playing for sure !
NEVERWINTER XBOX ONE CLOSED BETA LAUNCHING FEBRUARY 2015
Registration Now Available for Closed Beta
REDWOOD CITY, Calif. – January 15, 2015 – Today, Perfect World Entertainment Inc., a leading publisher of free-to-play MMORPGs, and Cryptic Studios announced an upcoming Neverwinter closed beta for Xbox One, the all-in-one games and entertainment system from Microsoft. Available from Feb. 5 to Feb. 8, players can sign-up to participate in the closed beta here: http://www.playneverwinter.com/xbox
An MMORPG launching on Xbox One, Neverwinter brings a fully-fledged role-playing experience to players with the inclusion of previously launched PC content and a living social world allowing players to experience Dungeons & Dragons adventures with their friends. Neverwinter on Xbox One will utilize console features including friends list integration and optimized controls to easily transition the MMORPG experience from PC to console.
Neverwinter is a free-to-play action MMORPG that features fast-paced combat and epic dungeons. Players explore the vast city of Neverwinter and its surrounding countryside, learning the vivid history of the iconic city in the Forgotten Realms and battling its many enemies. Neverwinter is currently available on PC and will be launching for Xbox One, available free-to-play with Gold* in early 2015.
Victims of the Spellplague flocked to Helm’s Hold in search of treatment and safe haven, but what they discovered was a horrific truth about the stronghold. The traitorous Succubus, Rohini, now controls a devil-worshipping cult and her devilish minions who terrorize the once peaceful region. Will you lead the charge to slay Rohini and her minions?
Here are the major pieces of content that are being added into Beta Weekend 4 that were not available in Beta Weekend 3:
- An introductory profession that will get you accustomed to the system and rewards you with Astral Diamonds, XP, etc.
- Tailoring, Leatherworking, Mailsmithing, and Platesmithing.
- Each of these professions has its own set of materials that are required for advancement, as well as its own set of unique rewards.
- Players are now able to check on their characters from this site:https://gateway.playneverwinter.com/
- Players are also able to view, post, and participate in auctions, as well as review and work on their professions!
- Choose your powers!
- Our new Power Choice system now allows players to earn and upgrade their path’s powers in the order of their choosing!
- Starting at level 5, players will get one point per level, which can be used to rank up an owned power or earn a new power.
- Powers can have up to 3 ranks, and gain bonuses per rank (e.g. +10% damage).
- Rank 3 is locked until 30 points are spent (including the auto-purchased level 1-5 points).
- With this change in how powers are earned, all existing characters will have their powers reset. A window will pop up to guide the player to the Power Choice UI (the same place as the previous Power UI).
- Further respecs can be done using tokens purchased in the Zen Market.
- Injury System
- The Injury System has been added.
- When player characters are killed in PvE, they will gain a random injury.
- Injuries cause different effects, depending on the area that is injured. For example, a head injury may increase cooldown time on Encounter powers.
- Players may purchase Injury Kits at any Consumables vendor for copper. Major injuries require more expensive kits, but major injuries will not occur below a certain level.
- Injuries are not taken if players are near death and saved by an ally.
- Injuries are not taken in PvP.
- If players cannot afford (or do not wish to pay for) Injury Kits, they may rest at a campfire. 5 minutes at a campfire will remove one injury.
- Race and Class Quests
- Some of those not-so-talkative NPCs scattered throughout Neverwinter are now offering quests to players of certain classes or races!
- Each race has a storyline that tells the story of that race in Neverwinter and the areas around.
- Each class has a storyline that shows the roles and views of that class in its adventures.
- The first arc for each race and class starts anywhere from Blacklake to Tower District. All classes and races have a similar amount of quests, but those quests are given at different times.
- Players should receive mail letting them know when they qualify for a quest, and where they can find it.
- Each zone has had some sidequests added.
- These quests are intended to provide some extra experience if the player needs it. They are fully optional.
- Some should provide a bit more of the well-loved Forgotten Realms flavor, while others allow a deeper look into the story.
- The Alterer
- Players may now change the appearance of their characters!
- Jyllian, the Alteration Wizard, has set up shop in Protector’s Enclave.
- Look for the scissors-and-comb icon on the map for the Tower of Alteration.
- We expect the icon to change in the future.
- Changing appearance costs one Change Appearance Token, which can be purchased on the Zen Market.
- Change Appearance can change anything in the Appearance section of character creation, like hair, skin color, tattoos, scars, and body and face sliders.
- Change Appearance cannot change players’ race, class, or gender.
- Default Settings
- A major update has been made to default settings.
- In the process, we have reset the settings of all players to their defaults.