Located at the heart of the Cyrodiilic Empire, the Imperial City has fallen into ruin, claimed by Molag Bal’s forces. It is comprised of six Imperial Districts, the extensive Imperial Sewers network, and the White-Gold Tower at its center. The dangers of Imperial City and the Sewers below are best suited for small groups of adventurers, but highly skilled warriors have been known to strike out on their own. While exploring and fighting your way through the Imperial City, be prepared to face not only Molag Bal’s forces, but also enemy players from the opposing alliances.
Rewards that are unmatched in power await those who are brave enough to enter the Imperial City and claim them. Fight Molag Bal’s personal guard, the elite Xivkyn, and other invaders from Coldharbour to win Tel Var Stones, the currency used to trade for mighty Veteran Rank 16 armor sets. But be on your guard—enemy Alliance members lurk around every corner throughout the Imperial Districts and Sewers. Should you fall to an enemy player, they can claim your hard-earned Tel Var Stones in their own quest for glory.
The Imperial City comes in two parts—the DLC game pack, and the base-game patch. Below is an explanation of each.
The Imperial City DLC game pack will be coming to PC/Mac on August 31st, Xbox One on September 15th, and PlayStation®4 on September 16th.
The full Imperial City DLC game pack is included with an active ESO Plus membership. If you are not an ESO Plus member, or your membership lapses, the Imperial City DLC game pack costs 2,500 crowns in the ESOTU Crown Store.
Imperial City DLC Game Pack Features & Content
With the purchase of the Imperial City DLC game pack, you get access to the full Imperial City zone. That includes the following:
- All content is available to players that are level 10 and up
- A brand new PvP/PvE space, including the six Imperial City Districts
- New quests and key characters within the Imperial City
- One new Imperial City PvP Public Dungeon: The Imperial Sewers
- Two new PvE Imperial City group dungeons with Normal and Veteran versions: White-Gold Tower and Imperial City Prison
- The Tel Var Stone system
- 23 completely new Veteran Rank 16 item sets, only available in Imperial City
- Treasure Vaults that contain new Veteran Rank 16 set jewelry and a chance for even rarer finds
- Xivkyn racial motif style
- New collectibles only available in Imperial City (pets, polymorphs, and a costume)
Imperial City Base-Game Patch
Along with the Imperial City DLC game pack launch, everyone who owns The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimitedwill receive the base-game patch at no cost. The base-game Imperial City patch includes hundreds of fixes and improvements to existing game systems and content including combat, classes and skill lines, the Alliance War, dungeons, and quests. Here are a few of the highlights:
- 15% decrease in the amount of XP it takes to gain a Veteran Rank
- 100% more XP for all public dungeons
- 50% more XP for all Veteran Rank quests
- 20% more XP in Craglorn
- Veteran Rank increased to 16
- Racial Passive improvements
- Mundus Stone buff improvements
- Glass racial motif style
- Improvements to existing item sets
- The ability to hide mount visual upgrades
- New crafting skill line passives
- New Undaunted pledges
- Tons of combat and gameplay balance changes
- Improved end-of-campaign Alliance War rewards
- …and more!
Watch for the full Imperial City PTS patch notes later this month for full details!
Keep an eye out here on elderscrollsonline.com as we march toward the Imperial City DLC game pack launch. Each week, we’ll share new Imperial City details and content with you including articles, guides, in-game events, official art, and a contest. Throughout the testing period, we’ll also be on the lookout for entertaining Imperial City livestreams to share on our official Twitch and social media channels—so get out there and show us what you’ve got!
In celebration of the weeks leading up to the launch of Imperial City, we hope you enjoy this new wallpaper of Dragonfire Cathedral in Imperial City.
Rally your allies, and prepare to heed the call of battle—we’ll see you in Imperial City!