Thanks for all the great items you have gave us ! Very cool of Cryptic !
When we opened the doors of the Neverwinter Open Beta on April 30, we expected there to be all kinds of responses, from positive feedback and fun player stories to bug reports and constructive feedback…We’ve counted on these responses to make the game even better as we get closer and closer to our live launch.
What we did not expect, and should have, is how amazingly supportive and helpful our community would be during the brief snags that we might hit along the way. We are sincerely overwhelmed by all of the positive comments and feedback that we’ve received from you over the past few weeks, and would like to express our deepest thanks for your ongoing support and willingness to help us make Neverwinter one of the best free-to-play MMORPGs around.
Case in point: this past weekend, the Neverwinter community helped us to identify a major exploit involving the Auction House and Astral Diamond Exchange, which we promptly addressed through a number of corrective actions, including permanent bans on exploitative accounts and a necessary rollback to the time before the exploit was initiated. We realize the frustration that the rollback and related downtime may have caused and are deeply sorry for this inconvenience. We’re also overwhelmed by your positive support and patience during the downtime, as well as your assistance in identifying the issue and helping us to develop and implement a solution as quickly as possible.
We’d like to thank you in the best way possible: by giving you some fun free stuff in-game to recognize your support throughout the Neverwinter Open Beta period. This thank-you, in the form of the Caterday Survivor’s Pack, includes:
Stone of Health
Cape of Catastrophe
5x Teleport Scroll – Protector’s Enclave
2x Adventurer’s XP Booster
All characters that have been created before 5AM Pacific on Sunday, May 19, 2013, will receive the Caturday Survivor’s Pack, which will appear in your in-game mail as an attachment to the message, “You Survived!” The items within the Caturday Survivor’s Pack are bound to each character that receives it.
Once again, thank you so very much for all of your help and support throughout the Neverwinter Open Beta. We’re extremely grateful and proud to be part of one of the best MMORPG communities around.
Get double Astral Diamonds this weekend in Neverwinter to celebrate Open Beta’s ongoing success!
Neverwinter has been an ongoing success since we entered Open Beta on April 30, 2013. Fans and critics can’t get enough of the action combat and battling against iconic creatures from Dungeons & Dragons. Furthermore, fans are creating many new quests and campaigns with the Foundry, a user-generated content toolset. We’ve seen some incredible Foundry missions created by very creative authors and we can’t wait to see what players come up with next!
As we continue in Open Beta, we’ll continue to provide support, updates, patches, hotfixes, and everything possible to ensure that hungry adventurers like you will have a great time in game! This journey is just beginning for many of you as you form new friendships and unforgettable memories within Neverwinter. And, it is just the beginning for us as well as we develop Neverwinter into a game that’s even more incredible than it already is – all thanks to you! It’s with your feedback, suggestions, and passion that motivates and drives us to never stop working to improve Neverwinter.
And to celebrate the passion and support you’ve shown us, we’re going to celebrate this weekend with you by rewarding you with something extra – okay, a lot of extra. Starting this Friday, May 10, at 12 P.M. PDT (Pacific) (When is that in your time zone?), we’re giving you DOUBLE the Astral Diamonds earned in game with every quest and activity that awards Astral Diamonds.
Get ready for an exciting weekend of questing and dungeon delving in Neverwinter. We’ll see you on Faerûn to battle against Valindra Shadowmantle! Thank you for being the best fans a team could ask for.
The Neverwinter Team
Far below the city of Neverwinter are passages leading through the Underdark to the Whispering Caverns, an underground labyrinth of forgotten tunnels. The dark elves have returned here to reclaim their stronghold, evil dwarves work deep mines, and the illithid plot to unleash an ancient evil. Conquering the Whispering Caverns zone will be no easy adventure
Patch Notes NW.1.20130416a.12
- Neverdeath Graveyard: The Undead and Dying: Fixed an encounter that was erroneously balanced for level 30 players.
- The Founders Agent now properly recognizes Guardians of Neverwinter and allows them to reclaim items accordingly.
- Fixed an issue in which the “Finish Now” confirmation prompt would predict a different Astral Diamond cost than was actually being charged.
- Leadership: (Rare) Protect a Temple: Increased amount of time to complete this task to 16 hours, up from 4 hours.
- Leadership: (Rare) Compete in Master’s Tournament: Increased amount of time to complete this task to 16 hours, up from 8 hours.
- Leadership: (Rare) Mystery Mission #1: Renamed to Follow Map to an Unknown Location.
- Leadership: (Rare) Mystery Mission #2: Renamed to Assault Enemy Stronghold.
- Leadership: (Rare) Mystery Mission #3: Renamed to Recover Large Mineral Claim.
- Fixed an issue in which bank tabs after the first would claim to only cost 150,000 Astral Diamonds, when they actually cost more.
- Fixed an issue in which auction lots that were bought out would not properly refund the highest bidder’s Astral Diamonds.
- Newly posted Greater Stone of Health, Greater Scroll of Identification, Lesser Scroll of Identification, and Scroll of Identification items can now be found in Potions & Supplies on the Auction House.
- Newly posted Jeweled Idol, Chipped Orc Tooth, Piece of Broken Glass, and Tribal Feather items can now be found in Treasure on the Auction House.
- “Coming Soon” Events for future content have been removed.
- Certain hourly events have been updated to clearly specify what task is required to get the event’s bonus reward, and what reward will be gained.
- The default chat filters have been updated to clean up most of the “spammy” chat messages, but this will only take effect for new characters. Players may update their chat filters by clicking on the gear icon on the chat window.
- When Instance Transfer is on cooldown or grayed out, the tooltip still shows the current map name and instance number.
- Fixed a warning and certain errors some IE8 users have experienced.
- Gateway’s usability on mobile / touch devices has been significantly improved.
- The promo for the Nightmare Lockbox now displays the correct name of the Heavy Inferno Nightmare.
- The Professions countdown timer is now properly synced with the game’s timer.
- The short 10 minute auction has been removed.
- Players may now tip more Astral Diamonds in the Foundry.
- Fixed a crash when entering the Foundry for the first time.
- Fixed a crash when trying to access mail that has already been deleted.
- Fixed a crash in the Auction House.
- Fixed a memory leak related to PvP scoreboards.
Free Dungeons & Dragons® Action MMORPG Expanding to New Territories, Fully Localized
(Amsterdam, Netherlands, 29-04-2013) – Perfect World Europe B.V. is pleased to announce that in addition to launching the highly anticipated action MMORPG Neverwinter™ in France and Germany, the free-to-play game set in the acclaimed Dungeons & Dragons universe from Wizards of the Coast is also launching in new territories. Fully localized and coming to Turkey, Poland and Italy in the summer of 2013, Neverwinter is poised to take Europe by storm.
Reiterating Perfect World’s commitment to delivering high quality games to players around the world, the launch of Neverwinter in Turkey, Poland and Italy furthers the company’s 2013 European business strategy of expansion into new markets. Providing fully localized game content of this game for millions of new Turkish, Polish and Italian players is Perfect World’s promise.
“We are more than happy to announce Neverwinter‘s fully localized planned expansion into Turkey, Poland and Italy based on the incredible demand from those territories “- said Ömer Karakayalı, Territory Manager, Perfect World Europe B.V. “We are dedicated to connecting gamers with the best possible online D&D gaming experience in all-new territories. We’re looking forward to having Turkish, Italian and Polish players enjoying Neverwinter in their preferred language alongside our French, German and English players, and we can’t wait for them to explore the Forgotten Realms ®.”
Taking place in the iconic Dungeons & Dragons city of the same name, Neverwinter takes players from the besieged walls of the city once known as The Jewel of The North to subterranean passageways in search of forgotten secrets and lost treasure. Epic stories, intense gameplay and classic roleplaying await those heroes courageous enough to enter the fantastic world of Faerûn and the city of Neverwinter.
In the aftermath of the destruction of Romulus and Remus, you will rise from the ashes to fight for your freedom and people! Equipped with all of the items the Legacy Pack has to offer, the Tal Shiar stands no … Continue reading
Here are the major pieces of content that are being added into Beta Weekend 4 that were not available in Beta Weekend 3:
- An introductory profession that will get you accustomed to the system and rewards you with Astral Diamonds, XP, etc.
- Tailoring, Leatherworking, Mailsmithing, and Platesmithing.
- Each of these professions has its own set of materials that are required for advancement, as well as its own set of unique rewards.
- Players are now able to check on their characters from this site:https://gateway.playneverwinter.com/
- Players are also able to view, post, and participate in auctions, as well as review and work on their professions!
- Choose your powers!
- Our new Power Choice system now allows players to earn and upgrade their path’s powers in the order of their choosing!
- Starting at level 5, players will get one point per level, which can be used to rank up an owned power or earn a new power.
- Powers can have up to 3 ranks, and gain bonuses per rank (e.g. +10% damage).
- Rank 3 is locked until 30 points are spent (including the auto-purchased level 1-5 points).
- With this change in how powers are earned, all existing characters will have their powers reset. A window will pop up to guide the player to the Power Choice UI (the same place as the previous Power UI).
- Further respecs can be done using tokens purchased in the Zen Market.
- Injury System
- The Injury System has been added.
- When player characters are killed in PvE, they will gain a random injury.
- Injuries cause different effects, depending on the area that is injured. For example, a head injury may increase cooldown time on Encounter powers.
- Players may purchase Injury Kits at any Consumables vendor for copper. Major injuries require more expensive kits, but major injuries will not occur below a certain level.
- Injuries are not taken if players are near death and saved by an ally.
- Injuries are not taken in PvP.
- If players cannot afford (or do not wish to pay for) Injury Kits, they may rest at a campfire. 5 minutes at a campfire will remove one injury.
- Race and Class Quests
- Some of those not-so-talkative NPCs scattered throughout Neverwinter are now offering quests to players of certain classes or races!
- Each race has a storyline that tells the story of that race in Neverwinter and the areas around.
- Each class has a storyline that shows the roles and views of that class in its adventures.
- The first arc for each race and class starts anywhere from Blacklake to Tower District. All classes and races have a similar amount of quests, but those quests are given at different times.
- Players should receive mail letting them know when they qualify for a quest, and where they can find it.
- Each zone has had some sidequests added.
- These quests are intended to provide some extra experience if the player needs it. They are fully optional.
- Some should provide a bit more of the well-loved Forgotten Realms flavor, while others allow a deeper look into the story.
- The Alterer
- Players may now change the appearance of their characters!
- Jyllian, the Alteration Wizard, has set up shop in Protector’s Enclave.
- Look for the scissors-and-comb icon on the map for the Tower of Alteration.
- We expect the icon to change in the future.
- Changing appearance costs one Change Appearance Token, which can be purchased on the Zen Market.
- Change Appearance can change anything in the Appearance section of character creation, like hair, skin color, tattoos, scars, and body and face sliders.
- Change Appearance cannot change players’ race, class, or gender.
- Default Settings
- A major update has been made to default settings.
- In the process, we have reset the settings of all players to their defaults.
This ZAM exclusive, courtesy of Cryptic and Perfect World, is a look at Neverwinter’s powerhouse caster class, the Control Wizard.
You can read our thoughts on the class right here: http://www.zam.com/story.html?story=3…