With an increased level cap of 94, and a new legendary dungeon to explore, there’s a lot to discover in Olandra. Blue skies and fresh coastal air bring a welcome change for adventurers who braved the harsh environments of Wintertide and Alentia. But looks can be deceiving, as Olandra is hiding a dark secret of addiction, corruption and power.
Highlord System – Raid Instance screenshots
Dragon’s Prophet launches globally on September 18th
Berlin & Las Vegas, 2nd of August 2013: Infernum Productions AG and Sony Online Entertainment LLC (SOE) announced last night at the annual SOE Live fan event that the F2P MMORPG Dragon’s Prophet will launch in Europe and North America on September 18th 2013. The fantasy MMORPG from the developers of Runes of Magic combines all aspects of a modern role-playing game and evolutionises the genre. With more than 300 unique dragons, players can experience adrenaline fuelled moments in capturing legendary dragons, and then customise the dragons to how they see fit. Currently, Dragon’s Prophet is in Open Beta and already enchants hundreds of thousands of players. During the current Open Beta phase, the regular improvements, updates and adjustments are illuminating the game in new splendour. When the game launches, players can attend massive, cross-server PvP battles with siege weapons thanks to the introduction of the frontier system.
“Thanks to the help of thousands of passionate beta testers and the tireless efforts of everyone involved, we are now close to the next milestone in Dragon’s Prophet”, says Andreas Weidenhaupt, CEO at Infernum Productions. “Almost three months after the open beta started, we have already made huge progress! After we revisited the existing gameplay systems on a huge scale and delivered new content to Dragon’s Prophet, we will now continuously improve the performance, address balancing issues and rework all zones as well as the 30 dungeons we already released. When the game launches, we will deliver an additional zone as well as the long-awaited frontier system with its epic cross-server PvP battles. Gaming has never been this diverse and thrilling – and you’re experiencing it on the back of a mighty dragon!”
“Dragon’s Prophet has brought together what every fantasy-MMO gamer looks for in a new game: intense, action-based combat, a unique and compelling end-game siege system, and of course, hundreds of dragon types to interact, befriend and ultimately customize your play style with,” said John Smedley, President of Sony Online Entertainment. “Open Beta has provided us with valuable player feedback. We have been working closely with Runewaker and Infernum to refine the game and add unique, compelling content to ensure Dragon’s Prophet globally launches as a scorching, high-quality online entertainment experience.”
Changes during the Open Beta:
· Skill balancing and revision of the attributes of all classes
· Redesign and extension of the interface for improved handling and overview
· New items and revised loot, stats and attribute systems
· New Dragon Chamber that offers space for up to 96 additional dragons
· Complex and motivating achievement and title systems with character bonuses
· Sandbox-based housing in the frontier as well as the introduction of citadels, keeps, outposts and crystal towers in the PvP Citadel system that allows for massive, cross-server siege battles between alliances or guilds
· High Lord system that lets you control whole territories
· Mounted Combat – Fight from the back of your dragon and support other players on the ground, in the water and way up in the sky
· Revised survival difficulty mode for the dungeons
· Complete revision of all zones and dungeons
· New Dragon Sanctuary including an altar of sacrifice allowing guilds to summon particularly rewarding enemies
· Introduction of world bosses
· Revised dragon companion AI
· New pets that can collect loot
· Performance improvements through detection algorithms and engine improvements
· Cross-server account features
· Introduction of an in-game browser
· New styling interface
· Improved main storyline
· Introduction of dungeon events
· Restructuring and implementation of bosses as well as the general monster AI
What’s planned after the release?
· Additional dragon commands for improved coordination during combat
· Huge and challenging, open & dungeon-based raids for up to 30 players
· 10 new regions and about 30 dungeons and instances per year for regular content updates
· Continuation of the epic story surrounding the dark Dragon Kronos
· Mini games
· Dragon Encyclopedia delivers detailed information and honors the true dragon master
· VIP system with daily login rewards
· Dynamic events
· Dragon vs. Dragon arena
· Dragon breeding
· PvP arenas and battlefields
“Since entering Open Beta earlier this year, SOE and Infernum have created a strong, engaging relationship with their respective Dragon’s Prophet player communities,” said Tony Tang, founder and VP Business Development at Runewaker Entertainment. “From their years of experience in delivering innovative, engrossing games, both companies have provided us with expert advice during the development of Dragon’s Prophet. We are confident that Dragon’s Prophet will see global success at launch.”
General features of Dragon’s Prophet:
· Deep background story that players can follow from three different starting areas
· Eight adventurous zones offer everything from sap green meadows to deadly deserts to frosty glaciers
· Four classes with extensive specialisation options through class skills, masteries and the use of dragons
· More than 2,000 quests
· Grand cities that serve as hubs between adventures
· More than 30 challenging dungeons with multiple difficulty settings and bosses
· More than 300 breathtaking dragons that now only serve as mounts but also assist the player in combat
· In-depth interaction with your dragon: Training, leveling, skill-exchange and gathering
· Action based combat system with numerous combo attacks
· An ever improving number of currently 50 unique dragon skills
· Floating Islands, apartments and private islands allow players to build their houses the way they want
· Regular in-game events
· Complex crafting system including item improvement and dragon shard system
Dragon’s Prophet is currently in Open Beta and will be available as a Free-to-Play title on PC systems via digital download on September 18th 2013 in Europe from Infernum Production, and in North America from SOE or any of its digital partners.
Further information, including the Dragon’s Prophet game download can be found on the official European Website.
Important Links (EU):
· Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/DragonsProphetEU
· Twitter: http://twitter.com/DP_Europe
· YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/InfernumDotCom
· Press server: http://press.infernum.com
Important Links (US):
· Website: www.dragonsprophetthegame.com
· Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/DragonsProphetGame
· Twitter: https://twitter.com/dragons_prophet
· YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/dragonsprophetthegame
· Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/dragons_prophet
· Google+: http://gplus.to/dragonsprophet
· Wiki: http://dragons-prophet.wikia.com
· Press server: http://bhimpact.gamespress.com/product_page.asp?i=1344
This is what happens when you tame a Dragon !
SAN DIEGO – May 21, 2013 – The time to CAPTURE, TRAIN, RIDE and FIGHT, hundreds of unique dragons is near. Today, Sony Online Entertainment LLC (SOE) announced that the Open Beta period for the free-to-play, massively multiplayer online role-playing game (MMORPG)Dragon’s Prophet is scheduled to begin in North America on May 30, 2013. Dragon aficionados are invited to join current Closed Beta players on that date to adventure through the vast, diverse realm of Auratia, and see if they have what it takes to become the next Dragon’s Prophet. All Dragon’s Prophet Founders will have access to the Open Beta phase one day early on May 29, 2013.
In conjunction with the announcement of the Open Beta date, SOE has also lifted the Dragon’s Prophet consumer Closed Beta Non-Disclosure Agreement (NDA). Beta testers can now openly share tales of their epic adventures in a land populated and ruled by dragon-kind. From escaping the scorching flames of enemy dragons to subduing winged-beasts found throughout their journey, players’ stories are not short of valor, danger and glory.
Developed by Runewaker Entertainment, creators of Runes of Magic, Dragon’s Prophet is currently in Closed Beta and is scheduled to begin Open Beta phase testing in North America onMay 29, 2013 for Dragon’s Prophet Founders. All other players will be able to join the Open BetaMay 30, 2013.
Players will be transported to the dragon-filled, beautiful world of Auratia, where they can capture, train, ride, and fight hundreds of unique dragons. Dragon’s Prophet features an action-based combat system that gives players visceral battle action gameplay. Set in a realm where dragons roam the land, sea and air, the game lets players band together to battle a variety of dragons as they work to restore order to the land from the evil Black Dragon that has escaped his eternal prison, and is more dangerous than ever.
Dragon’s Prophet will launch as a free-to-play MMORPG in 2013 for PC systems via digital download.
Dragon’s Prophet is not yet rated. Visit www.esrb.org for rating information.
For more information on the game, visit:
Berlin, the 18th of April 2013: Infernum, the Berlin-based publisher of Dragon’s Prophet in Europe, teases the housing system in a new video, released today. The sandbox aspect of Dragon’s Prophet will give the community the opportunity to build their own villages upon floating islands that fill the skies, where they can build and customize their very own homes.
The Auratian Sky Archipelago will not only be a stage for epic cross-server PvP battles, but will also serve as an important haven for players to rest their weary bodies after long and intense guild conflicts.
Auratians will have the opportunity to claim their plot of land upon one of the many floating islands where they can begin constructing their home. Guilds might want to make sure their members secure neighbouring plots to create guild villages or towns. The number of plots to rent will directly depend on the size of the island, most of them sheltering a couple of villages and a massive castle which will play an important part in guild battles.
From a simple ground-level shed to a magnificent mansion, residents can build, customize and furnish their house however they want. Furniture can be crafted by specialists or purchased from merchants in the town tavern or from skilled woodcrafters. At the start of the Open Beta more than 200 objects are available.
However, players should be careful not to forget to pay rent: they could end up losing their land and being forced to search for another neighborhood. But they shouldn’t worry too much: players can relocate to another plot of land with their house and furniture.
Dragon’s Prophet’s Housing System will also give residents the chance to showcase their proudest achievements in the world of Auratia. After defeating fearsome boss monsters, they can collect a part of their foes’ body, such as the head, and use it to create a fearsome trophy to display in their home.
The housing system has been designed so that residents can also see how their neighbors’ homes are decorated, ensuring stiff competition among Auratia’s most passionate home decorators. Home owners can also grant friends with permissions to access their house and certain inventory, rearrange the furniture and use the facilities at will.
Many more features await players of Dragon’s Prophet. Those interested in the game can register on the website for a chance to join the Closed Beta, or purchase a Founders pack to secure access today and obtain a host of other in-game bonuses.
Second phase of the Dragon’s Prophet Closed Beta and RENA engine info released
Berlin, 11 April 2013: Infernum is glad to announce the second phase of the Closed Beta testing for Dragon’s Prophet will begin tomorrow on the 12th of April. The doors of Auratia will open for all members of the Founders’ Club as soon as the update goes live. A website designed specifically for the European Closed Beta experience can now be found at:https://www.dragonspropheteurope.com/community/beta-status
This critical next step in Dragon’s Prophet’s ongoing development will see a client update with five expansive areas and their instances awaiting the growing Closed Beta community.
Impressive landscapes inhabited by new dragonsare awaiting testers in the latest update.
New functionality and game mechanics will also arrive tomorrow, which will be placed under heavy scrutiny by veteran MMO players who’ve been working closely alongside Infernum’s QA department to help bring Dragon’s Prophet closer to release. Social Rewards will grant bonuses for players who want to collaborate together, Achievements System have arrived and the Crafting System has undergone a complete revamp.
During the first phase of Closed Beta, RENA, Runewaker’s proprietary game engine has raised questions from testers who’ve been wondering how the technology works. The graphics engine utilises a combination of normal and gloss mapping coupled with a deferred rendering technology, ensuring the game’s environment remains as immersive and realistic as possible with optimal performance. Shading and lighting are also part of the experience, thanks to the use of motion blur, advanced anti-aliasing technologies (such as FXAA and TAA) and full-screen horizon-based ambient occlusion. Dragon’s Prophet utilises the DirectX 10 technology for performance reasons, and will integrate the strongest aspects of DirectX 11 as soon as it is released.
The plot thickens, the development journey continues!
More information can be found on the official website: www.dragonspropheteurope.com
About Dragon’s Prophet:
Dragon’s Prophet is a new online role-playing Game which features all virtues of a classic MMORPG and “evolutionizes” them. Players will experience immense dragon features and an epic story in a modern fantasy world featuring next-gen elements such as action-based combat, deep character development and the extensive cross-server Frontier PvP system. Dragon’s Prophet is being developed by Runewaker Entertainment, known for their successful blockbuster MMO Runes of Magic. In 2013, Infernum will publish Dragon’s Prophet in Europe, together with co-publisher Deep Silver.
|Publisher:||Infernum Productions||Developer:||Runewaker Entertainment|
|Release:||Q2 – 2013||Closed Beta:||19th of March 2013|
|Languages:||German, English, French – further languages planned||Website:||www.dragonspropheteurope.com|
I can’t wait to try this game ! Fight and live with Dragon’s !
On Friday night we went to the SOE Dragon’s Prophet party. Had a great time,free food and drinks how can you beat that.
I found out in Dragon’s Prophet every one is a DPS class. Dragon’s are the main focus of the game. They do every thing heal,DPS..etc .They are your mounts too.
I can’t wait to try this game !
I won the Dragon Roar contest they had ! Funtimes !
FAQ What is Dragon’s Prophet? Dragon’s Prophet is a free to play fantasy MMO that tells the story of the relationship between humans and dragons. Set in the world of Auratia, explore the vast land as you attempt to fight, … Continue reading