New York, NY– September 13, 2011 – Rockstar Games, a publishing label of Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. (NASDAQ: TTWO), is proud to announce that the Red Dead Redemption: Game of the Year Edition will be released in North America on October 11, 2011, and October 14, 2011, internationally for the PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system and Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft. With more than 160 Game of the Year honors, this definitive edition will include all additional content made for the game in a celebration of Red Dead Redemption’s critical and commercial success.
“We wanted to create a world that captured the spirit of the Western,” said Sam Houser, Founder of Rockstar Games. “We are thrilled that Red Dead Redemption’s vision of the West resonated with so many people.”
Red Dead Redemption: Game of the Year Edition will include the full, original Red Dead Redemption game; all free and paid downloadable content packs released to date, including the wildly popular Undead Nightmare single- and multiplayer offerings; and all bonus content. The comprehensive package includes:
• Original Red Dead Redemption game with a brand-new hardcore single-player mode;
• Undead Nightmare single-player campaign and multiplayer* modes;
• Legends and Killers Pack*, featuring additional multiplayer map locations, multiplayer characters, and the Tomahawk projectile weapon;
• Liars and Cheats Pack*, including the Stronghold multiplayer competitive mode, Free Roam gambling games, multiplayer horse races with combat, and the Explosive Rifle.
• Hunting and Trading Outfits Pack, featuring two outfits with corresponding gameplay challenges for John Marston;
• Outlaws To The End Co-Op Mission Pack*, including six co-op missions for up to four players;
• All original pre-order content, including the Deadly Assassin Outfit, War Horse, and Golden Guns Weapon Pack;
• Solomon’s Folly single-player gang hideout and challenges available for the first time on Xbox 360;
• Just-released Myths and Mavericks Bonus Pack, featuring fan-favorite multiplayer characters and all-new locations to battle in.
Set in the early years of the 20th century, Red Dead Redemption is an epic Western journey across the vanishing American frontier through the eyes of former outlaw John Marston. Alongside the rich, immersive single-player experience, Red Dead Redemption’s multiplayer offers a world of dynamic challenges and competitive games suited for a player of any skill level.
Red Dead Redemption: Game of the Year Edition is rated 18 and will be available at retail stores in the UK beginning October 14, 2011. The Myths and Mavericks Bonus Pack is out now and available for free to download on Xbox LIVE and PlayStation Network.
For more news and information, visit the official Red Dead Redemption website (www.rockstargames.com/reddeadredemption); become a friend of Rockstar Games on Facebook (www.facebook.com/rockstargames); or follow Rockstar Games on Twitter (twitter.com/rockstargames).
*Requires Xbox LIVE Gold Membership for online play.