PlayStation brand logo (Photo credit: Wikipedia)
PlayStation Vita (Photo credit: yum9me)
PlayStation® One Classics are coming to PS Vita to complete the ultimate digital games line-up including PSP™ (PlayStation®Portable), “minis” and exclusive PS Vita games
London, August 29th. Sony Computer Entertainment Europe (SCEE) has today announced an extensive list of over 100 PlayStation® one Classics from the console that changed the face of gaming, now available for PlayStation®Vita (PS Vita), bringing quality, variety and heritage to the groundbreaking portable entertainment system.
Available from 29 August 2012, PS Vita users will have access to a large number of exciting PS one Classics to complement the great range of PSP and “minis” games already available for PS Vita to enhance the ultimate digital games line-up. PS one Classics coming to PS Vita include titles that gamers have loved for over a decade with all-time favourites such as Metal Gear Solid, Crash Bandicoot® and Final Fantasy® VII all available to download from PlayStation®Store (PS Store).
With PS Vita System Software update ver. 1.80, PS Vita owners will be able to experience unadulterated nostalgia and play some of their favourite PS one Classics on the portable device. For gamers who have grown up with PlayStation® this is a chance for them to experience their favourite games on the ultimate portable entertainment system. Additionally, PlayStation®3 and PSP owners who have previously purchased PS one Classics from PS Store will be able to download and play them on their PS Vita system at no extra charge.
Not only will there be an outstanding variety of content available, there will also be great value. With games available from PS Store from just £0.99, PS Vita owners will be able to get their hands on an amazing range of titles without breaking the bank.
A full list of titles can be found at eu.playstation.com, but highlights from the range include:
PS one Classics -
- Tekken 2 (SCEE) – Fan favourite of the popular fighting series Tekken
- Oddworld: Abe’s Exoddus(GT Interactive) – Quirky platformer starring the unusual, but iconic Abe
- Tomb Raider II Starring Lara Croft (Rebellion) – Hugely popular sequel to the genre-defining action / adventure game Tomb Raider
- Crash Bandicoot®(SCEE) – Classic platforming action from Naughty Dog, creators of Uncharted and The Last of Us
- SILENT HILL (Konami) – Debut chapter in the terrifying survival horror game series that has been haunting dreams since 1999
- Vagrant Story™ (Square Enix) – Square Soft developed action / adventure role playing game that focuses on weapon creation and modification, as well as elements of puzzle-solving and strategy
- WipEout®(SCEE) – First in the series of futuristic racing games set in the year 2025
- GRANDIA (Ubisoft)– Role-playing game set in a fantasy world of emerging technology and exploration
- Ridge Racer Type 4 (Namco Bandai Europe) – Arcade racing at its finest
- Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker (Konami) – Third person action game widely considered as one of the best titles to come to PSP
- Dissidia®012™ Final Fantasy® (Square Enix) – Prequel to Dissidia Final Fantasy, 012 revolves around the twelfth cycle of the eternal conflict between the gods Cosmos and Chaos
- Final Fantasy®IV Complete Collection (Square Enix) – Ultimate compilation of the FF IV saga and its sequel The After Years
- TACTICS OGRE™: Let Us Cling Together™ (Square Enix) – Tactical role-playing game regularly included on “all-time favourites” lists
- Valkyria Chronicles™ II (SEGA) – Epic adventure game set in fictitious 1930s Europe
- OMG-Z! (Laughing Jackal Ltd)– A favourite from the minis range, OMG-Z is a zombie-themed action puzzle
- Blast Off (Half Brick Studios)– Take control of your rocket ship and rescue lost astronauts by navigating 45 levels of planets and asteroids
- Fieldrunners (Subatomic Studios) – Popular tower defence game with the goal of stamping out waves of enemies before they make it across a themed battlefield map and escape
- Angry Birds (Rovio and Abstraction Games) – Launch them birds, smash those pigs! Fire your squawking birds into the enemy fortresses and shatter them
PS Vita introduces new ways to play, delivering immersive gameplay experiences that have never been offered on any other handheld gaming device. Equipped with dual analog sticks, a vibrant 5-inch OLED touchscreen, a unique Rear Touch Pad, powerful quad core processor, six-axis motion sensing system, built-in microphone, front and rear cameras and apps including YouTube, Facebook and Skype, PS Vita is the ultimate portable entertainment system. In addition to the ultimate portable gaming experience, PS Vita provides consmers with access to music, videos, PlayStation®Network trophies, photos, web browser and more.
The World is in Play. Visit eu.playstation.com/psvita to find out more.