Did you really care ?
Today we are excited to announce that the global launch date of the Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ Free-to-Play option will be November 15, 2012. This release will be simultaneous across all of the territories and countries where The Old Republic™ is available. The new Free-to-Play option allows gamers to experience all of the class storylines through to Level 50, the current level cap, at no charge and introduces the new Cartel Market!
Any paying subscribers at the launch of the Free-to-Play option on November 15th will be granted all of the Complimentary Cartel Coins currently listed on the Cartel Coin Ledger page, plus a one-time grant of 250 Complimentary Cartel Coins!
Additionally, the Rewards Program has been extended! All former subscribers who reactivate their subscription by the new date of December 20, 2012 at 11:59am CDT will be granted Complimentary Cartel Coins for their prior paid months up to November 15, 2012.
For more information on all of the rewards you could potentially receive and the Free-to-Play option visit www.StarWarsTheOldRepublic.com/FREE.
As always, be sure to check StarWarsTheOldRepublic.com for latest updates and follow us on Twitter, Facebook, and YouTube.
Get all Three Critically-Acclaimed Mass Effect Games for One Low Price this Holiday and Join BioWare in Celebrating Commander Shepard on November 7th for “N7 Day”
REDWOOD CITY, Calif. – Sept. 26, 2012 – Winner of over 300 awards. Recipient of over 200 perfect scores. A universe that has expanded beyond games to comics, novels, apparel, collectibles, action figures and more. The Mass Effect franchise has become one of the most heralded series in video game history. BioWare, a division of Electronic Arts (NASDAQ: EA), today unveiled the Mass Effect Trilogy, a compilation of all three award-winning Mass Effect games in one box. Available in stores beginning November 6, 2012 for only $59.99, the Mass Effect Trilogy is the perfect holiday gift for longtime fans or friends who have yet to experience Commander Shepard’s epic journey to save the galaxy.
Coinciding with the launch of Mass Effect Trilogy, BioWare will kick off the first annual “N7 Day,” a worldwide celebration of the Mass Effect franchise on November 7, 2012. Stay tuned to
Dead Space 3 cuts to the heart of deep space terror with award-winning suspense, horror, action and audio. Slated for release in the dead of winter, players will embark on a thrilling ride through space that takes them to a hostile new planet, Tau Volantis. There, they must battle violent, subzero conditions and deadly, highly-evolved enemies including new Necromorphs, gigantic boss creatures and – for the first time in the series – a faction of Unitologist soldiers on a misguided mission.
Fortunately, they are not alone this time around. Players can choose to team-up with a friend anytime in Dead Space 3 with the fully integrated drop-in/drop-out co-op feature. Players that choose to take down the terror together will experience additional story details and gameplay mechanics only found when playing as the co-op character, Carver.
With an all-new ice planet, drop-in/drop-out co-op, and exhilarating action, Dead Space 3 will re-set the bar for epic thrills in 2013.
- New Hostile Environment – Dead Space 3 will take players on a thrilling ride across the depths of space and a frozen Necromorph-infested planet. On Tau Volantis, players must overcome deadly avalanches, treacherous ice-climbs and the violent wilderness in this spine-tingling new adventure. To get past the horrors that lie hidden on this planet, players must comb through the environments different hubs, caverns and side paths for raw materials and scavenged parts, putting Isaac’s engineering skills to the ultimate test.
- Team Up and Take Down the Terror Together – Play the full campaign alone or seamlessly team up with a friend using the new co-op option. Either way, the action is intense, the adventure is exhilarating and the thrills are unforgettable. Players that choose to take down the terror together will get to play the new character, Sergeant John Carver. Carver is a hardened soldier who lost his wife and son to the Necromorph infestation and wants to avenge their deaths. Co-op offers players a second way to play through the game with fully-integrated story cutscenes, added dialogue between Isaac and Carver and additional side missions that only Carver can unravel.
- Uncover the Past to Save the Future of Mankind – Find answers to many questions around the whole Dead Space lore including the origins of the Marker, the existence of the Necromorphs and how the two are related. In Dead Space 3, hero Isaac Clarke finally discovers the source of the Necromorph outbreak – the key to ending the terror forever and preventing the extinction of mankind.
Publisher: Electronic Arts
Developer: Visceral Games
Ship Date: February 2013
Platforms: Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and PC
Team Ranked Warzones in Game Update 1.3
Hi, I’m Gabe Amatangelo, Principal Lead PvP Designer, and I’m excited to tell you guys that Pre-Season One of Team Ranked Warzones is back on the Public Test Server! In the current Game Update 1.3 PTS build, you’ll find a new button in the Warzone queue window: Queue Team Ranked. This button is available to any player that is in a group of eight level 50 players, and allows that group to queue up for Team Ranked Warzones with a single click. Team Ranked Warzones can only be participated in by a full team of eight players. If any player drops out of the queue before a match is made, the team will need to find a replacement and re-queue.
We are also introducing a concept to Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ called ‘dual queuing’. With dual queuing, players will be able to queue for a normal Warzone, either by themselves or with a different group, while remaining queued for a Team Ranked Warzone with that group.
Queuing for a normal Warzone while waiting for a Team Ranked Warzone will not affect your position in the Ranked Warzone queue, and spots will be reserved in a Ranked Warzone match for players who are queued, but currently in a normal Warzone. Players who are in a Ranked Warzone match will not receive further invites for normal Warzones until they either play through the Ranked match, or leave the queue.
Also introduced in this build is Warzone group persistence. In other words, when you queue up as a group of up to four for normal Warzones or as a full team group of eight for Ranked Warzones, you will remain in that group at the conclusion of the match. We completely agree with you that this feature was needed for Warzones and is especially required for the Ranked Warzones feature when dealing with a full team group of eight players. We are excited to see the tech in place for it in Game Update 1.3.
Ranked Warzones will award Ranked Warzone Commendations instead of regular Warzone Commendations at the conclusion of matches. Additionally, every player will have a ‘Team Rating’ that can be seen on the Warzone queue window, character page, and on the ‘Who’ list by all other players if it is a high rating. Ranked Warzone Commendations are still used to purchase the best PvP gear and Ratings remain requirements for gear and vehicles with unique appearances.
A player’s Team Rating is not tied to a specific combination of players, but to the individual player, and is a measure of that player’s success when participating in full team queued Ranked Warzones. So you can queue up with an entirely different full team of eight players every match if you want to.
Ratings are adjusted when a player wins a match, loses a match, leaves a match early, or declines a match invite. Various elements factor in to the adjustment, including your team’s predicted chance to win the match, the ratings of players on your team, the enemy team, etc. In short, if the only match available is between skilled PvP players and unskilled PvP players and the unskilled players lose, their rating would not go down much, if at all.
Before Season One begins with official rankings, we intend to rank and post the players and guilds with top Pre-Season ratings. Season One will begin with completely new ratings. Additionally, we do intend to have a Solo Queue Ranked Warzone option in the future.
We will not be pushing Team Ranked Warzones to the live game until we have significant PTS testing of the feature. Fortunately, those of you on the Public Test Server can now queue up for Team Ranked Warzones and test this feature out now. Be sure to submit any feedback to our PTS forum here.
Principal Lead PvP Designer
– Everyone registered for The Secret World beta before June 22nd will be able to join the battle for world domination in the largest Beta Weekend yet –
Durham, USA – June 19th, 2012 –‘The Secret World’, the highly anticipated modern-day massively multiplayer online game of myths, legends and conspiracies, draws ever closer to its July 3rd release date. In preparation for launch, Funcom is excited to announce that the fourth and final Beta Weekend – titled ‘The Battle Begins’ – will be made open to all of the more than 1.3 million gamers who have signed up to beta test ‘The Secret World’. Guaranteed access to the final Beta Weekend will also be given to everyone registering via the game’s official website by June 22nd (use the beta sign-up form on the right).
‘The Secret World Beta Weekend #4: The Battle Begins’ starts at 9am PDT on June 22nd and runs for almost three entire days until 11.59pm PDT on June 24th. During that time players will be able to experience all the content that has been included in the three previous Beta Weekends, such as all three secret society starter experiences, the town of Kingsmouth, the Savage Coast and the Polaris and Hell Raised dungeons. Brand new this weekend is the inclusion of player vs. player gameplay, where the secret societies must duke it out in legendary locations such as Stonehenge and Eldorado. Participants will also get to experience the persistent player vs. player war zone of Fusang Projects, where over two hundred players clash together in a massive struggle for server-wide power. The outcome of these battles affects all players belonging to the victorious secret society, across the server.
The previous Beta Weekend – titled ‘Hell Raised’ – ran from June 15th to June 17th and saw the highest number of players yet participating and is undoubtedly the most successful event yet.
“The game is definitely living up to our expectations, and it appears this is a sentiment we share with our testers as well,” says Funcom SVP of Sales & Marketing Morten Larssen. “The playtime per participant during the last Beta Weekend was very impressive, shattering all records from previous Beta Weekends or even beta events from our previous games. This is a strong indication of the engagement and depth of the gameplay experience. Beta surveys have shown that four out of five players will recommend the game to their friends, something we find remarkably positive and a true testament to the quality of the game and the amazing work the team has done.”
‘The Secret World’ is consistently mentioned as one the most highly anticipated MMOs in development. The highly engaged and active community surrounding the game continues to grow quickly, and hundreds of thousands of community members have already sworn allegiance to their secret society through online initiation tests as well as ‘The Secret War’ Facebook-powered pre-launch social experience that saw over 250.000 participants actively engage in the conflict for their secret society.
In well over one hundred hands-on previews throughout the international gaming press the past eight months, ‘The Secret World’ has been heralded as “one of the most distinctive MMO’s of the last 10 years” (Videogamer) and world-leading online gaming site MMORPG.com went on to predict that “The Secret World is going to take the world by storm and set new standards in excellence in gameplay.” The game has also been singled out as one of the most anticipated games of 2012 by gaming sites such as G4TV, VideoGamer, and RockPaperShotgun.
Bug Fixes and More
After the introduction of Relics and revival of the Fortresses in 1.4.5, we decided to take some time to work on issues, bugs, and concerns that were on the mind of the community. With the help of some of our regulars on the Forums and via feedback and other discussions, we created a punch list of popular topics to tackle. This patch is all about those concerns. We may not have gotten everything, but it’s a start and we will continue to address more issues as we go forward and roll out new patches. Thanks to everyone that provided information, steps to reproduce, or just plain feedback on the list contained herein!
Realm vs. Realm Changes
As part of the feedback driven changes, we’ve made a few changes to RvR and the campaign. There are a number of exciting tweaks or twists to the mechanics of keep siege, city invasion, and more so be sure to read all of the patch notes in that section so you’re prepared for battle!
One of the biggest changes that came out of the feedback threads is a change to how we handle Scenario queuing. In the past you could queue for Scenarios based on the tier of your character and your Renown Rank didn’t make a difference. To help alleviate that and change up the action in the scenarios, we’ve changed the ranks so that the initial queue covers the same level range it always did, but after that we divide the action by Renown Rank. For details on this change, see the section on Scenarios.
Realm versus Realm
- Thanquol’s Incursion: The Cloud of Corruption now correctly applies Inoculation to players within close proximity. Pets, however, are still immune to the effect.
- Players should no longer fall through the ship’s deck at the Nordland XI battlefield objective.
- The walls and structures in the Land of the Dead Warcamps are no longer accessible from the surrounding hills.
- The hill between Verentane’s Tower and Passwatch Castle should no longer be passable.
- Falling off the Eternal Citadel bridge near the Destruction Respawn in the Contested Inevitable City will more reliably pull players back onto the bridge.
- A number of Keep area definitions have been extended or filled in to better cover the defensible locations.
- Some of the RVR Lakes have been smoothed out and filled in, to be more continuous and match the maps.
- Rams no longer block being repaired due to their combat status.
- Keep doors are now vulnerable to single-target deployable siege. This adds an alternative method of taking down a keep door. Rams will still be the most efficient method for taking down a keep door. Fortress doors, however, continue to be immune to such attacks due to their superior construction, and are vulnerable to attacks made by rams only.
- Rams can no longer be staggered, knocked back or knocked down.
- Siege engines inside War Camps now deal massive damage to enemy players. Kills made with these siege engines have their rewards significantly reduced. Keep a wide berth of enemy camps or face the consequences!
- All Tier 4 lakes will now bolster players below Renown Rank 80 to level 45. Because of how players at Renown Rank 80 or above are handled, they will be bolstered based on the following scale.
- RR 80-83: Bolster to 44
- RR 84-87: Bolster to 43
- RR 88-91: Bolster to 42
- RR 92-95: Bolster to 41
- RR 96-100: No Bolster
- Players that die in a Keep area (enemy or friendly) will respawn in their Keep while players that die in the RVR Lake will respawn in the Warcamp.
- WAR Report: Chaos Wastes Keep under attack event will no longer teleport players to Ostland.
- WAR Report: The timer between uses of the WAR Report has been significantly reduced.
- WAR Report: The WAR report can no longer be used while in combat.
- We’ve made a number of changes to the background mechanics that govern Relic status. This includes changing where and how you get the messages for current Relic status. You will now get the Relic status message when you enter the Fortress zone area, rather than just the immediate Fortress area.
- Fixed a rare issue where the Relic status on the UI would not match the Relic status in game.
- Fortress Foremen have been added inside the main Fortress upon being claimed by a Guild. This ensures there is always a Foreman available whenever any claim has been staked.
- Relic Barriers have been added around the whole of the top ledge of the Fell Landing Fortress.
- Interact time for picking up Relics has been increased.
- The status of relics will persist between server downtimes.
Based on feedback we’ve changed how the City Invasion mechanic works. Rather than multiple instances of the City Invasion potentially being ongoing and imbalanced, we’ve shifted the focus to a singular instance to promote more exciting battles. Details are as follows:
- Only one new city-invasion instance will be created within a set amount of time.
- The city invasion instance that is available will support 60 players of either realm. Once that number is met for a particular realm, no further reinforcements will be allowed.
- Once a city-invasion has been concluded there will be a brief cool-down period of five minutes and then a new instance will be available, provided the city has not moved from the overall one- hour invasion period into the rebuilding phase.
With this version we have changed the brackets for the Scenarios. They are now based on either character level or Renown Rank, depending on the bracket.
For reference, the old brackets were based on Tier as follows:
Tier 1 – Levels 1 to 15
Tier 2 – Levels 16 to 25
Tier 3 – Levels 26 to 39
Tier 4 – Level 40
The new brackets have been consolidated and use Renown Rank as criteria past Tier 1 as follows:
Bracket 1 – Levels 1 to 15 (same as previous)
Bracket 2 – Renown Ranks 0 – 69
Bracket 3 – Renown Ranks 70 – 100
Based on the changes to the bracket levels, the bolster for each bracket has been changed to match the new criteria.
For each bracket, the bolster is as follows:
Bracket 1 – All characters are bolstered to level 15
Bracket 2 – All characters are bolstered to level 40
Bracket 3 – All characters are bolstered to level 45
In addition to the changes to the brackets, we have changed the scenarios available for each bracket.
The line-up of scenarios that are permanently available has changed. The new list is as follows:
Black Fire Basin
Maw of Madness
The Eternal Citadel
- The Overextension debuff will be applied to players attempting to enter the enemy spawn locations.
- NPC Guards will no longer chase enemy players into the play area. They will just stand back and nuke any trespassers!
- All Scenarios have had their preparation times set to 2 minutes, to allow players ample time to finish combat before joining.
- Fixed how the system handles attempting to load players in flight into a scenario.
- Mourkain Temple: The spawn locations have been modified to prevent players from getting too close while holding the Artifact and to prevent enemy players from entering spawns without becoming a chicken. Or killed by the guards… or both!
Combat and Careers
General Changes & Bug Fixes
- Quick Escape Rank 1 has been fixed so it functions the same as the rest of the Quick Escape Ranks.
- Players summoned by another player will show up at the location where the summon originated.
- Lightning Rod and Electromagnet objects can no longer be targeted.
- The flight cinematic has been removed when traveling using the Flight Masters.
- Several Dwarf NPCs, most notably Kadrin Ironbreakers near the Slayer Keep, will no longer suffer the indignity of wearing clothes designed for Humans or Elves.
- Removed outdated system generated events from guild calenders.
- The Tome of Knowledge entries for the following Public Quest Stages will now unlock and display correctly:
- Chapter 9: Long Drong and the Slayer Cove
- Chapter 13: Priesterstadt, Altstadt
- Chapter 20: Burnbeard’s Oath
- Chapter 22: Slayer Keep, Duraz Deb
- Chapter 6: Slayer’s Demise, The Blighted Farm
- Chapter 7: Lissariel’s Glade
- Chapter 5: Bells of War
- Chapter 19: The End is Nigh
- Chapter 21: Hunting the Hunters
- Chapter 22: Fields of Reikland
- High Elf
- Chapter 5: Cold Hearted Predators
- Chapter 6: Laurilion Caves
- Chapter 8: Allies of War, Ellyrian Stables, Starbrook Falls
- Chapter 9: Gates of Elthrai, Shady Tower, The Well Springs
- Chapter 11: Deathwind Pass
- Chapter 13: The Ithilmar Tower, Thanon Hall
- Dark Elf
- Chapter 4: Stone of Valetear
- Chapter 5: Rock of Galirian
- Chapter 8: Monument of Narialle
- Chapter 16: Loryndaal
- Chapter 18: Galiron’s Mouth
- Chapter 19: The Caladain Steppe, The Caladain Gate
- Chapter 21: Dawnbreak Manor
- Agymah’s Lair: the Tome of Knowledge entries will now display the correct text for each Stage.
- Ambush at Garrisonburg: the buildings during Stage I can be captured by killing all of the defenders in front and inside of it.
- The Wilds of War: All Huntsman’s Horse Traps will despawn correctly during Stage 2.
Tome of Knowledge
- Fixed typos in the notification message of a sizable number of Tome of Knowledge Unlocks.
- Fixed typos in the entry pages of numerous Tome of Knowledge Unlocks.
- Corrected the notifications for Completing 25, 100, 250, 500, and 777 Tome of Knowledge Unlocks so that they display the correct number in the popup.
- Vaulkor has found his way back to The Unshackled Host and his Noteworthy Persons entry can be unlocked once again.
- A typo in the default title for a Renown Rank 90 Marauder has been corrected.
- The Great War Against Chaos: this History and Lore unlock is available once again, in the correct location.
- The Tower of Lysean: the name has been corrected in the High Elf Storyline Chapter 16 section of the Tome.
- The Murder Wood: tooltip references the correct zone now.
- Good Night Goblin: This entry can no longer be erroneously unlocked by speaking with a Bloody Sun Blasta in the Greenskins Chapter 1 area.
- The max stack purchase size has been increased from 20 to 100.
- Buffs applied by Booster Pets will recalculate appropriately as your base stats change.
- Squig Herder armor Assassin’s Chewtop and Advancing Sholdateef will no longer use an incorrect visual model.