A remastered version of the ‘classic’ original is coming this ‘fall’ in North America.
Demo features six playable characters, two stages, and supports online play!
IRVINE, CALIFORNIA – DECEMBER 8, 2011 – ATLUS and SNK PLAYMORE today announced the availability of a demo for THE KING OF FIGHTERS XIII, the latest entry in the legendary fighting franchise, for PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system (PS3™) and Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft.
The demo, which is now available on Xbox LIVE Marketplace (initially only for Gold members) and will release for PlayStation Network on 12/13, offers fans two teams-Team K’ (K’, Kula, Maxima) and Team Fatal Fury (Terry, Andy, Joe)-and two stages (London, Airship), showing off the game’s breathtaking artwork and providing ample proof that KOF XIII is the best playing game in the 15-plus year history of the series. In addition to its generous roster, the demo also offers online play, giving fans an opportunity to try the demo with friends around the country.
Also today, ATLUS and developer SNK PLAYMORE confirmed that work is already underway on a patch that will further improve the game’s online functionality. Details regarding the update’s content and release timing are not yet available, but additional information will be released as soon as possible.
THE KING OF FIGHTERS XIII is out now in North America for PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 systems. For more info, visit http://www.atlus.com/kofxiii.
Thursday 22ndSeptember 2011: Leading independent UK publisher, Rising Star Games, today announcedthe pre-order package for its upcoming release THE KING OF FIGHTERS XIII.
The pre-order package will include a limited edition 4-CD soundtrack from the history of The KING OF FIGHTERS. This pre-order incentive is in addition to the contents of the retail box, which includes: game disc, double sided A3 poster (artwork on one side, move list on the reverse), digital art disc, reversible sleeves (design specific to format).
THE KING OF FIGHTERS is the flagship series of legendary fighting game publisher – developer SNK PLAYMORE. The series is a dream festival of SNK’s 2D fighting series and a household name in the genre. THE THE KING OF FIGHTERS XIII features fighters from the entire history of the series and concludes the Ash Saga storyline. Hugely improved features include global online play with optimised netcode. There are now also over 30 characters to choose from, and fan favourite Mai returns. Vast improvements have been made to gameplay as well, with new NEO MAX super special moves, faster gameplay, and refined visuals & in-game camera (perspective).
Key features of THE KING OF FIGHTERS XIII
- The final chapter in the Ash Saga storyline.
- Huge developments in global online play, vastly improved from previous editions of KOF. Play in matches to improve your ranking on the global leader boards, or in friendly matches against friends or other players online. Optimised broadband and priority seeding.
- 30+ playable characters, including the return of Mai Shiranui and Yuri Sakazaki.
- Multiple endings depending on specific characters or forming specific teams.
- Un-lockable customisation options to make your fighter unique. Choose from over 20 colour types, parts and icons.
- Overhaul of fighting mechanics: New NEO MAX super moves, faster gameplay and camera control.
- 10 game modes: Arcade, Story, Versus, Mission, Online and much more.
- Story mode features 2D slide scenes and impressive animated movies. Stories are branched by offering the player choices, leading to multiple ways to enjoy each narrative.
The THE KING OF FIGHTERS XIII will be released in the PAL market November 2011, courtesy of Rising Star Games www.risingstargames.com.