For our final Beta Weekend Event (July 20-22), we’re making the asura and sylvari races available to beta players for the first time. Players will be able to create characters from any of the five main races of Tyria—human, norn, charr, asura, and sylvari—and begin their Guild Wars 2 experience in any of the five radically different home regions.
For asura players, this means beginning your tale in Metrica Province, a vivid, exotic jungle area full of high-tech laboratories, quirky golems, and competing krewes of mad scientists. Nearby, the massive monoliths of the asuran capital Rata Sum hum with technomagical power. These diminutive geniuses may seem cute at first glance, but never underestimate an asura…
Sylvari players begin their story in the Grove, a luminous living city nestled in the shade of the Pale Tree, the “mother” of every member of this young race of plant humanoids. The sylvari are an enigmatic race of chivalrous explorers who are driven by an insatiable curiosity and guided by a collective Dream.
If you’ve played in previous beta events, you know that each playable race has its own distinct regions, signature city, and personal storyline options. But above all, each race in Guild Wars 2 has its own identity, and the asura and sylvari perfectly illustrate this.
We can’t wait to see players drinking in the mystical atmosphere of the Grove or stopping alchemagical experiments running amok in Metrica Province during our last Beta Weekend Event before launch. If you want to reserve a spot in the beta, pre-purchase your copy of Guild Wars 2 today.
We’ll see you in-game on July 20-22! Excelsior!
With unprecedented levels of dynamism, drama and interaction, Asura’s Wrath delivers a fresh take on the action gaming genre. Combining intense combat with a seamless player controlled narrative; Asura’s Wrath introduces a brand new style of action game. Players will control Asura in a blend of action and cinematic sequences taking an active role in the gameplay direction.
Long ago in the realm of Shinkoku, eight deities known as “The Eight Guardian Generals” battled to protect civilization from a destructive force known only as Gohma. During the victory celebration, the Emperor of Shinkoku is assassinated in a sinister plot and the blame is placed on Asura. In the middle of the commotion, Asura’s wife is also murdered and his daughter kidnapped. With even his brother-in-law and rival Yasha turning against him, Asura is banished from Shinkoku. Awoken by a voice after 12,000 years, Asura vows revenge on all those who have betrayed him.
Asura’s Wrath finds Asura facing off against numerous distinct enemies, including planetary sized bosses. Through a mix of range attacks and visceral close quarter action players will fill Asura’s ‘Burst Gauge,’ unleashing the full force of his rage and delivering devastating attacks on those who betrayed him. Asura’s story of revenge will be told through episodic gameplay, taking the player on a journey of highs and lows and adopting a structure that is similar to a TV drama series.
- Innovative setting and story – Fusing Asian mythology with sci-fi, Asura’s Wrath’s universe is truly unique
- New type of action game - Asura’s Wrath seamlessly blends action with narrative, adopting an episodic nature more akin to a TV drama series
- Relentless action – Asura’s Wrath keeps placing gamers in tight situations and says ‘now get out of that’
- Second playable character – Play as Asura’s rival Yasha and adopt a different playing style, travelling at lightning fast speed across environments
- Rage never dies – Build up Asura’s Burst Gauge to unleash devastating attacks on those who betrayed him 12,000 years ago
- What the…? – A range of unique enemies and planetary sized bosses will continually challenge players’ expectations
- Collaboration with CyberConnect2 – Continues Capcom’s strategy of partnering with the best developers to produce titles to compliment its own internal projects